Kwenga Safari Lodge is situated in the Umhlametsi Private Nature Reserve within the greater Kruger National Park. The closest town to Kwenga Safari Lodge is Hoedspruit which is a town in the Limpopo province of South Africa. Due to the town's proximity to private game reserves within the Kruger National Park eco-tourism is a major contributor to the local economy.
Kwenga Safari Lodge is situated at Portion 4, Boston 61 KU, Hoedspruit, 1380
The GPS Coordinates are: S-24 18.495 & E-3102.120
Mobile: +27 82 820 0539 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: The speed limit inside Umhlametsi Private Nature Reserve is 25 km/h (15 mph) and animals have right of way, therefore caution should be exercised at all times.
Please contact us if you need any assistance with directions, or require advice on the best routes to take.
Kwenga Safari Lodge: Portion 4, Boston 61 KU, Hoedspruit, 1380
(GPS Coordinates: S-24 18.495 & E-3102.120)
Directions from Johannesburg or O. R. Tambo International Airport to Hoedspruit:
- Join the N12 in the direction of Witbank/Emalahleni.
- Proceed to the N4 toward Belfast/Emakhazeni.
- Take exit R33 to Belfast/Emakhazeni through the town, then continue on the R540 to Dullstroom/Emnotweni and Lydenburg/Mashishing. (Please heed the fact that this road is full of potholes)
- Pass through Lydenburg/Mashishing towards Ohrigstad along the R36. (Please heed the fact that this road is also pitted with potholes).
- Continue through Orighstad and then through the Abel Erasmus Pass and JG Strydom Tunnel taking the R527 towards Hoedspruit.
- Cautious driving through the pass is advised, it is extremely scenic and breath-taking but has many hairpin bends and drops steeply into the Lowveld of South Africa.
- Upon exiting the pass, proceed to Hoedspruit.
- Once you enter Hoedspruit, proceed through the town and over the railway bridge to a 4-way junction (Where the R527 intersects with the R40).
- At the 4-way junction continue straight.
Directions from Hoedspruit to Kwenga Safari Lodge:
- From the four-way stop, marked “Air Force Base” continue straight to a junction.
- At the junction turn right towards the Air Force Base.
- Proceed for 5.1 kilometres, after which you will encounter a sign on the left indicating Umhlametsi Private Nature Reserve, Kwenga Safari Lodge.
- Turn left and drive to the entrance gate for Kwenga Safari Lodge.
- Arriving at the gate, please read and follow the instructions on the signboard to gain access to the Reserve.
- Once in the reserve, follow the signs to Kwenga Safari Lodge.
Guests arriving by plane have the option to land at O.R Tambo International Airport (JNB) followed by a 6-hour drive to Kwenga Safari Lodge or taking a connecting flight to the Hoedspruit / Eastgate Airport (HDS) from which it is a forty minute drive to Kwenga Safari Lodge.
- O.R Tambo International Airport (JNB) – Operates daily international and domestic flights. O.R. Tambo International Airport is Africa’s biggest and busiest airport, facilitating over 21 million passengers a year. Enquire with your travel agent or favourite airline to book a flight to Johannesburg.
- Hoedspruit Airport / Eastgate Airport (HDS) – Hoedspruit Airport is your gateway to the heartland of the country’s abundant wildlife, private game reserves and the world-famous Kruger National Park. Airlink operates daily scheduled flights to Hoedspruit from, Johannesburg and Cape Town. Book your flights directly with Airlink or contact your travel agent for assistance.
If you require assistance with airport transfers to Kwenga, please enquire when booking alternatively contact us at least 48 hours before your arrival.